Craft:Technology & Development
We are looking for a talented Agile Coach to join one of our game teams, Candy Crush Soda Saga. As an Agile Coach, your mission is to remove impediments and enable us to become as efficient as possible. We work to create and improve on social casual games that entertain millions of players and it’s up to the teams to create, design, architect and build high- quality, fun games. Your role is to make sure the organization runs smoothly, identifying bottlenecks and increase the flow, as well as contribute with your input to deliver one of the world’s largest mobile games to our extensive player base.
Your role will be to visualize & continuously improve the Soda organization, ensuring the communities (constellations of teams), organization & teams run efficiently and at a sustainable pace. You will help to identify bottlenecks, increase the flow and focus on supporting our leaders and communities to deliver with high effectiveness, high efficiency and high engagement. You are a systems thinker and care about people, know how to coach and motivate them, and have the ability to empower them to deliver in our high performing environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Support the team to create the most exciting, fun and profitable game.
- Partner with the Head of Production and Senior Producers to source and prioritize desired outcomes, translates it to goals, and seek to qualify or quantify the results in useful ways.
- Lead impactful initiatives that improves ways of working, production processes and drives flow and effectiveness.
- Share organizational development practices to create and maintain a sustainable continuous improvement mindset within the broader communities, organization and feature teams.
- Drive continuous improvement activities and enable the team to look for efficiencies, shift their mindset and evolve the way they operate as individuals, in teams and as leads.
- Facilitate learning through workshops, meetings, offsites, etc.
- Collaborate with the Agile community within the organization to share & create ideas and best practices.
- Encourage healthy, open, and positive communications and feedback culture.
- Coach group dynamics and collaboration.
- Work with Craft Directors and Producers to find solutions on conflict resolution, change management, engagement and development.
Skills to create thrills
- Extensive experience as an Agile Coach, with ability to meet people, teams and organization where they are to generate powerful new insights about e.g. effectiveness and collaboration.
- Solid facilitation skills with the ability to work across diverse perspectives.
- Experience of successful delivery of continuous improvement initiatives and from leading change.
- Great communication skills and the ability to challenge as required.
- Knowledgeable of Lean and Agile principles and mindset in product development.
- Good understanding of the game/product development process.
- Competence to evangelize the culture of learning and feedback.
- Experience in coaching teams.
- Passionate about creating a great place to work for everyone around you.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.