Test Automation Engineer - Engine Team
Craft:Technology & Development
As our Test Automation Engineer, you will be a part of the engine team of 40 skilled, knowledgeable and passionate people - Fiction Factory. The technology we produce is used across 14 different King games including Candy Crush Saga, and delivers gaming experiences to nearly quarter of a billion mobile game players every month. The Fiction Factory technology is made up of a highly optimised game engine run- time capable of high quality 2D and 3D mobile gaming experiences delivery across a huge range of mobile devices, a content editing tool and environment enable rapid design and development of mobile games and a content and build pipeline enabling efficient iteration of game teams and over- the- air delivery of content to mobile game players all around the world.
You define testing strategies to ensure the product being released is up to industry and company standards. You will be working on miscellaneous areas to improve automation of testing on mobile devices, in- house software and integrate new solutions to our CI/CD. You develop standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness You also evaluate the team throughout the life of the project to identify areas where improvement can be made.
You are detail oriented, organised and process oriented but since this is a highly dynamic team you’re also flexible enough to see when a process isn’t working and adapt to make sure the team is able to perform at its peak.
- Design, Build and Innovate internal test and automation processes.
- Develop and maintain robust, scalable, reusable, data driven automated test scripts across test and production applications.
- Develop and maintain automated solutions to test the internal game engine on mobile devices.
- Develop and maintain automated solutions to test the internal visual editor of game scenes.
- Maintain and update an automation framework with a centralized test case repository in CI.
- Implement test process & execution and definition of work processes.
- Improve workflows and create scripts and tools for automation
- Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools, and technologies.
- Create and maintain technical documentation covering your areas.
- Lead feature development and coach fellow teammates.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience with one of the automation test tools: Squish, Selenium or Perfecto
- Experience with CI/CD build tools like Jenkins, CircleCI, Gradle and other similar
- Experience with Cloud platform and technologies like Azure or Google
- Experience with developer tools like JIRA, IntelliJ, GIT and Maven
- Improving test workflows via automation (Github and Slack integrations, notifications and alerts)
- Collaborating with the team’s developers and with other king teams spread across the world.
- An ambitious, creative, confident, self- motivated team player.
Tasty bonus skills
- Experience developing and maintaining automation on Azure & GCP.
- Unit test experience with mobile applications
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Technology & Development, London
Technology & Development, Foster City,San Francisco
Technology & Development, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Malmö,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Barcelona,Stockholm