Craft:Technology & Development
King - the maker of #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga - is scaling its Shared Tech platform as a service. The King Shared Tech team is building an innovative platform for our network of game developers who serve a huge audience of highly- engaged players.
Our goal is to provide a unique platform that empowers game developers to build hit mobile games. Our platform allows game developers to focus on what they do best - building great games that make the world more playful. We do this by providing products that take care of foundational aspects of game development including monetization, AB testing and operational tools. We are growing rapidly and this is a really exciting time to join the team.
We are seeking a skilled Partner Manager with a passion for client services and the gaming industry to help us scale our platform as a service.
While our focus is on internal customers such as the Candy Crush and Farm Heroes franchises our operating model is best described as business- to- business partner success. Working to support our software as a service that includes products like our Advertising and Monetization Platform, Game Operations, Game Economy, Social and Identity services, AB testing and our proprietary Fiction Factory game engine.
You will work closely with one or more internal customers of our platform, the majority are game teams and marketing teams. You will develop a deep understanding of their vision, strategy and unique needs while providing a valuable service to them. You will collaborate with our talented group of Shared Tech product managers who are responsible for delivering our products. You will be accountable for ensuring the customers understand how they can leverage our product set to achieve their goals. You will support them in adopting and using relevant products working with our integration engineering team.
Apply for this role if you are a hungry and talented partner manager with experience in building strong internal partnerships and with insight into the key drivers for successful mobile games.
· Work with key stakeholders including game teams to partner in growing player life time value and revenue of our games
· Define opportunities for product adoptions across world class games by delivering actionable recommendations supported by sharing best practices, use cases, data and analysis
· Assemble product requirements from multiple sources to clearly articulate current and future customer needs
· Partner with a team of product strategists and UI/UX designers to develop and iterate on product requirements that meet marketer needs
· Build business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics and communicating results
· Manage communication on technology stability issues, business critical incidents together with business impact across teams
· Define opportunities beyond King’s other teams like marketing team, platform partnerships team to deliver incremental values for company
Skills to create Thrills
· You have an ability to build strategic business- to- business partnerships based on strong understanding of both parties strengths and needs
· Excellent business judgment and the innate ability to link business objectives to customer experiences
· The ideal candidate will be service- oriented and willing to go the extra mile to ensure stakeholders and game studio partners are successful in scaling ad monetization experiences
· Ability to interpret, internalize, and decision off of data
· Experience in product management preferably in mobile F2P is an advantage
· Past experience working within a validation centric environment with experience designing and executing AB Tests
· Education: Graduate Degree preferred.
· Experience/ A proven track record managing or directly contributing to a live business during a period of rapid growth
· Prior experience in startups, studios, and consulting firms
· Candidates from consulting, investment banking, game studios, mobile app development, and ad technology should apply.
· You have an ability to demonstrate an understanding and experience in developing player- first game ad monetization features
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.