Lead Graphic Designer
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a talented and multi- skilled Lead Graphic Designer that values the potential for working with the largest mobile games in the industry, and with a passion for creating great visual identities and visual storytelling.
In this role, you will be embedded within the company's New Games Division working with a newly formed team that focuses on visualising early game ideas, stretching what we can achieve with IP development and user acquisition and subsequent franchise development.
With a great eye for visual design and an interest in brand and product development, you’ll be helping teams capture their ideas and product vision, demonstrating creative and innovative solutions through the full spectrum of visual design.
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Lead Graphic Designer, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills;
- Outstanding of all fundamental graphic design principles.
- Technically skilled with all current design software, able to produce high fidelity static and moving imagery
- Comprehensive understanding of typography and logography
- Skills in relevant 3d softwares (Maya, Cinema 4D)
- Understanding of UI Design principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of motion design
- Holistic appreciation for quality user experience
- An in- depth understanding knowledge of how brands work and leveraging them in the gaming/entertainment ecosystems
- Versatility with a dedicated, autonomous and skilled approach to solving visual design challenges.
- An expert in visual communication with an ability to quickly create concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate your ideas.
- Strong listening and interpretation skills with an ability to decipher brand and marketing intentions and how to visualise them effectively.
- A creative leader with strong communication skills (verbal and written) you have the ability to confidently present ideas and concepts to groups of people as well as teaching new skills to other artists.
- Able to lead other team members or partners in execution of designs and plans
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to self- organise well, plan effectively and work autonomously.
- An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility.
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall project environments
- An understanding of game development practices and relevant technical requirements
- Knowledge of the mobile games market
As a senior creative you will be responsible for creating ‘best- in- class’ graphic design, providing innovative solutions for the various game and project teams across King.
· Work closely with creative leaders and marketing partners support game projects with visual design. This may include things such as:
- Supporting creative leaders by participating in early game or feature ideation and brainstorming
- Creation of layouts, logos, static imagery and icon drafts to visualise high level ideas
- Create high quality compositions and key art
- Creation of video/motion productions to show the creative ‘idea & flow’ of a game project and/or feature
- Creation of design templates and guides for internal and external partners
- Creating and guiding high fidelity promotional materials
· Work with NG Leadership to deliver on R&D where appropriate including
o Design and testing of relevant tools
o Setting visual targets
o Refining design techniques and pipelines
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
UX & UI, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Stockholm
Games Design & Production, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Stockholm
UX & UI, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Stockholm