Your role within our Kingdom
King is looking for a highly experienced Senior Animator with the proven ability to create high- quality animations across a wide range of styles. You will be able to collaborate effectively with Art Directors, Creative Directors, Animators and other key stakeholders to support the development of unique and memorable animation in our games.
You will also be a key contributor to animation strategies and support our efforts to develop high standards for animation and its processes, as well as supporting the training and development of animators in New Games at King.
• Work closely with Art Directors/Lead Animators to set Animation style and quality benchmarks for Animation on the project you are assigned to.
• Work closely with Art Directors to understand the product creative vision and work with them to support animation and the animation process for the product as needed.
• The creation of high- quality animations, in the required style for your project.
• Support animation guidance for animators on your project, ensuring all animation is delivered to the required levels of quality.
• Support animation planning for the project ensuring animation is delivered according to the needs of the project, to the required technical specifications.
• Partner with character modelers, technical animators and animation programmers to ensure characters and their animations are delivered to a specification that offers great character performance, within the required technical budgets.
• Ensure animation for your project is designed and executed in a way that is tidy, optimized and scalable for game to become a long standing, live service on a wide array of mobile devices.
Skills to Create Thrills
You will bring strong passion, deep knowledge and extensive experience in the field of animation as well as hands on craft excellence across a wide range of styles. You are a craft expert in the field of Animation with exemplary communication skills. You have demonstrated success collaborating with Art and Animation Leads/Directors and mentoring animators to achieve high quality results. You are a champion for the craft of animation within New Games at King.
• Exceptional knowledge and experience with Maya.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with project creative leadership to achieve the required results for animation on any given project.
• High quality, hands on, key- frame animation skills.
• A good understanding of the key areas of technical animation, including rigging, animation systems and animation optimization.
• Experience in mentoring and training animators in both the principals of animation as well as the process for realizing their animation performances within technical budgets and constraints.
• Experience working with outsourcing animation, providing feedback in a highly effective manner.
• Appreciation of, or skills within 2D animation.
• Understanding of VFX
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.