UX/UI Lead - Loyalty and VIP - TEA/FTC
Craft:UX & UI
To ensure we are responding to the rapidly changing marketplace and effectively managing our customer base, King has created a new Loyalty & VIP team. This team is responsible for establishing a market leading Loyalty strategy and program that will be the first of its kind in the gaming industry. The team works across the breadth of King to define the customer retention challenge, to scope and construct the Loyalty program and propositions that address this challenge. The team will continually refine and evolve the program and other ongoing Loyalty initiatives to reduce platform churn, maximize engagement, drive customer growth and increase business value.
This role is critical in taking our Minimum Viable Product from a soft launch phase into a best in class loyalty program, with player centricity at the heart. We need to create brilliant customer experiences for our most loyal players. There is one direct report with budget and scope to engage freelancers to accelerate the roadmap. This person will be focused on the UI and UX of our product and will report into the Product Lead.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Drive design for a mobile- first, consumer- facing, game- adjacent experience
- Manage a team of designers to establish intuitive flows and a scalable system
- Collaborate with project sponsor and team leads to shape the experience and strategic direction of our product
- Own design solutions and improvements to drive commercial metrics and program KPIs
- Manage Design scope, headcount, budget, and forecasting
- Help establish product/business requirements and cross- functional alignment
- Drive brainstorming, concept generation, sharing of feedback, and design iterations of features and capabilities to meet business and user needs
- Lead UI/UX designers throughout the entire product design lifecycle and provide mentorship
- Validate design decisions through leading UX research and promote data- driven decision- making through user testing and analysis of user insights
- Drive collaboration of Design with Front- End Development by providing designs, specs, and implementation support
- Partner with the Product Lead and Engineering Lead to deliver new product features on a biweekly release cadence
- Partner with Product Marketing to ensure our branding and TOV are optimally integrated across user touchpoints
- Be a key contributor to quarterly, annual, and long- term roadmap planning
- Be the design subject matter expert with internal stakeholders and external vendors
Skills to create thrills
- 7 or more years of experience working on mobile or online products in UX design, product design, interaction design, design technology, or equivalent
- Experience with shipping products and implementing design systems
- Thorough knowledge and previous application of Material Design principles
- Experience managing projects and teams from start to finish
- Experience with user and UX research
- Ability to quickly ideate and create mockups, wireframes, and interactive prototypes
- Extreme attention to detail
- Great communication skills
- Experience coordinating between cross- functional disciplines to arrive at optimal solutions and desired specifications
- Skilled in tools such as Sketch, Adobe CC, Invision, Zeplin, etc.
- Comfortable working in an agile environment for planning of design stories and execution
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
UX & UI, Barcelona,Berlin,London,Stockholm
UX & UI, Stockholm
, Foster City,London,Stockholm
Technology & Development, London