Sr. Financial Analyst – Studio Finance
Job Description Template
Job Title: Sr. Financial Analyst – Studio Finance
Reporting To: Manager – Studio Finance
Department: Studio Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity, and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
Activision is looking for a highly motivated, energetic, and financially minded individual to join the Activision Publishing Finance team. This position will provide global studio finance support to the iconic first- person shooter Call of Duty franchises (which includes the storied Modern Warfare & Black Ops franchises and now Warzone!) focusing on the following responsibilities:
- Support studio planning and strategy efforts to help develop the next wave of blockbuster titles
- Support the quarterly forecast with a focus on accurate forecasting and variance analysis to provide business understanding
- Support business planning efforts (annual and long- range planning)
- Play key role in the delivery of updates to key studio leadership
- Partner with business counterparts globally to plan, forecast and ensure delivery against development budgets. Influence long- term investments, cost savings and efficiencies.
- Assist with the execution of project greenlights and provide monthly project status updates
- Partner with HR to monitor hiring trends and ensure projects are adequately supported
- Help with other ad- hoc projects that arise in this fast paced, ever- changing industry
Our team is lean, dynamic, and focused - which means you will have real responsibility and the opportunity to have high impact in one of the leading companies in the interactive entertainment space. Strong financial and business acumen, a desire to learn, attention to detail, timely follow- through, adaptability, and the ability to effectively manage against multiple priorities are keys to success in this role.
The key qualifications for this role include:
- 2+ years of experience in operations finance, FP&A, brand finance, accounting, or related area
- Strong partnership and collaboration skills
- Strong personal presence and communication to work across finance, marketing, development, and executive leadership in pursuit of business goals
- Strong user of Excel, PowerPoint, and financial management tools
- Strong finance, business acumen and general analytical skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (advanced degree or certification a plus)
- Experience with financial systems desired
- High energy: passion for games is a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com