Analytics Associate Director
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Associate Business Performance Director- Growth Analytics
King makes great games that offer fun, bite- size entertainment experiences for everyone to enjoy.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Associate Business Performance Director to join our Growth Analytics team, working closely with Performance Marketing to maximise the ROI across King's paid digital investment.
We're looking for an established team lead, who gets excited about answering difficult business problems, and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get deep into the data, whilst developing and mentoring others. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to drive direct growth and impact across a portfolio of titles and channels through their use of data, whilst continuing to grow their analysis, strategic thinking & communication skills.
You will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, and have the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to King. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment and within a community of 80+ business intelligence, analytics, and data science experts to develop your own skills and capabilities.
King is committed to help its employees develop in their roles and broaden their careers: we offer a wide range of online and offline learning opportunities around both technical and soft skills.
Your role within our Kingdom
Your work will be crucial to help push the boundaries of how we market to and acquire new players to our games across a range of digital channels. Reporting to the Director of Growth Analytics, you will working closely with a brilliant team of Data Scientists & Analysts to set the standard for outstanding business insights, uncovering growth opportunities across our portfolio of titles and maximising the return of investment across King’s marketing spend.
With your strong analytical background, you will also provide guidance to our media buying teams and advise on how they can improve their media buying framework. You will be the key bridge between Finance and Growth, advising on budget distribution, allocation & performance and ensuring we are maximising the outcome of our Marketing Investment.
Most importantly, you will be a conduit between business and technical stakeholders, ensuring that there is alignment across different teams.
Specifically, you will:
- Assess and drive growth opportunities across our portfolio of games, forecasting the impact of our investment on driving game growth and working closely with Finance to build robust financial plans
- Deliver actionable insights than can support and drive impactful decisions, owning reporting and analysis materials for our Leadership team
- Work closely with our Marketing Finance team, ensuring a robust investment plan and validating the impact and return of our marketing spend
- Drive key data and analytics projects from a business perspective, ensuring our research and data modelling is prioritized to drive business impact
- Work with game studios to understand how specific product features can impact the marketability of our games
Skills to create thrills
- Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, with experience using data to drive strategy and business decisions.
- Experience of marketing and consumer insights, campaign analysis, performance management, strategy and spend optimization.
- Investigative mind- set, i.e., always striving to gain a deeper understanding of underlying drivers of performance.
- Proven ability to drive data scientists in performing the right analyses, e.g., challenging methodology, data quality, robustness of results
- Strong influencing skills and stakeholder relationship experience, plus proven ability to deliver/manage through change.
- Leadership: role modelling our King values, creating an engaging environment and culture where others can thrive, you will support the growth and development of others to maximise their learning and personal career growth
- Self- motivated and able to work to tight deadlines with an ability to prioritise workload whilst still maintain the integrity and quality of the output required.
- Communication: Designing good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous
Other Skills Include
- Experience managing a direct report & working cross- functionally with Data Scientists/Analysts
- Knowledge of digital marketing & advertising technology ecosystem.
- MSc in maths, statistics, business or economics
- Good knowledge, genuine passion, and interest of gaming/tech/media industry trends
- Proficiency in SQL as well as Python or R for numerical analysis
Want to be treated like royalty?
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.