Privacy / Legal Counsel
Job Title: Privacy / Legal Counsel
Reporting To: Director, Legal
Location: King Office (London), Wardour St, Soho, UK
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
Activision Blizzard King seeks a privacy legal counsel to join its Legal and privacy team to grow its global privacy program and work with multiple stakeholders, products, services and franchises across the group. The privacy counsel will support the global privacy function, with specific focus on EMEA privacy matters.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- You will be an active member of the cross group Legal Privacy Team based in King’s office in Soho in central London
- Collaborate with cross- functional teams and stakeholders on a variety of products and services including, without limitation, mobile, console and PC games teams, shared and central technology, marketing and advertising teams to ensure privacy compliance.
- Oversee the group’s GDPR compliance program, including records of data processing activities (ROPA), privacy risk assessment and, where needed, data protection impact assessments (DPIA) and legitimate interest assessments (LIA) and transfer impact assessments (TIA)
- Prepare, maintain and update privacy documentation, including data protection agreements, standard contractual clauses, and internal policies
- Lead various global privacy and compliance projects for different parts of the business, including marketing, IT, etc.
- Apply a risk- based approach to data protection reviews and guidance
- Keeps abreast of changes in laws, regulations and guidelines across EMEA region that may impact the design, development and marketing of our products and services
- Conduct vendor risk management, including due diligence and coordinating with relevant business stakeholders, legal and info security teams
- Be an escalation point for Customer Support when responding to customers queries related to privacy
- Animate a network of privacy champions across EMEA
- Prepare and perform privacy and data protection training, when needed
- Help enhancing the EMEA legal team’s processes, efficiency, compliance framework and best practices.
- Gained post- qualification experien (or equivalent) in a law firm and/or in- house with some European exposure
- Experience in a similar role with great exposure on privacy & data protection issues
- Strong experience advising on GDPR requirements, with emphasis on use of EU/UK data in a variety of complex market scenarios
- Experience advising on mobile privacy matters
Knowledge & Skills
- Top credentials & qualified to practice law in the UK
- Good understanding of online technologies & their privacy implications
- Ability to deal and liaise with stakeholders at all levels within the business
- Strong organizational skills: ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and effectively
- Ability to manage varied workload through proper work balance, prioritisation and delegation.
- Excellent written & communication skills (English)
- Full commitment to the position
- Adherence to deadlines while working in a busy and challenging environment
- Have done, can do, will do approach
- Positive attitude
- Pragmatic and curious thinker, not afraid to work outside the box
- Great commercial awareness
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience within the video game and/or entertainment industry very appreciated
- International experience appreciated
Knowledge & Skills
- CIPP accreditation (or similar data protection practitioner qualifications) preferred
- Knowledge of OneTrust software a plus
- Knowledge of other languages a plus
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun, and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. Celebrating differences is at the core of our culture and ensures we can create games for players of diverse backgrounds in the 190 countries our games are played.
As a member of the Fortune 500 and as a component company of the S&P 500, we have an extraordinary track record of delivering superior shareholder returns for over 30 years.
Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Call of Duty®, Crash Bandicoot™, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, StarCraft®, Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, Pet Rescue™ and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company to support corporate social responsibility initiatives that are directly tied to our franchises. As an example, our Call of Duty Endowment has helped find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and how we connect and engage the world through epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.