Principal Engineer - Marketing Technology
Craft:Technology & Development
As our Principal Engineer - Marketing Technology, you will lead a team with a mission to proactively build, innovate and maintain technology for King’s User Acquisition team. This includes evaluating existing tech, researching new services, tools and features for our Marketing Tech Stack; defining and implementing development and release processes for the team; investigating problems and coaching your fellow teammates. You will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your Engineering expertise.
You will work in a dynamic environment where work is driven by the needs of our Performance Marketing team, new partner solutions & the ever- evolving UA landscape. Therefore, you should be a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology. You're excited about doing what's best for our players, able to adapt your workload based on business need and prepared to roll up your sleeves to provide support.
- Drive product change & roadmap holistically with our mobile measurement partners and buying platforms to meet business demands
- Recruit, develop, and lead a team of Integration Engineers for Marketing Tech
- Develop the long- term vision and strategy for the team while continuing to manage day- to- day operations.
- Bridge the gap between Marketing Operations & Engineering, ensuring the correct prioritization of tech solutions
- Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools, and technologies made available by our mobile measurement partners and buying platforms, working alongside the buying team and their partner as the main POC for technical solutions
- Co- lead our Marketing Tech Automation roadmap together with our Product team, with the aim of establishing a best- in- class UA Tech stack
- Create and maintain technical documentation covering your areas.
- Lead assigned feature development and coach fellow teammates on projects end- to- end.
Skills to create thrills
You have a great passion for Full Stack Platform engineering, new technologies, large scale systems and games. You are an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with people from different business units and with varying degrees of technical savviness. Therefore, you are able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
- Degree in Computer Science, related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
- Significant experience as a Java developer building & integrating core business systems for User Acquisition
- Experience using Agile practices such as Scrum, maintaining CI/CD build tools using Jenkins, Automated testing and code reviews
- Experience using tools like Git/Github systems, Gradle, Maven and NPM
- Knowledge of SQL and Excel, able to run diagnostics and analysis whenever required
- Previous relevant experience developing a Growth/Marketing Tech stack with proven ability to plan strategically into the future & proactively lead a development roadmap
- Proven ability to operate in a collaborative cross- functional team environment, providing thought leadership to help drive consensus and reach key decisions
Tasty bonus skills
- Solid experience managing tech teams, and successfully solving many of the tough organisational challenges that follow.
- You have the ability to inspire, grow, lead and develop a team to high performance standards.
- Ability to steer to consensus, balancing between stakeholder approval and forward momentum.
- A roll up your sleeves and get things done mentality.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
Technology & Development, Barcelona,London,Malmö,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Foster City,New York
Technology & Development, London
Technology & Development, London