Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
We are looking for a talented and creative Product Data Scientist interested in building, defining and pushing the boundaries of game analytics and AB test analysis for live games in the Portfolio department. You’ll have a proven ability to apply your skills, be it technical, behavioural or economic, in order to generate value for the mobile games you’ll be working on.
You’ll help us to further understand, segment, predict and retain our players. You will be part of a cross- functional team of other data scientists, product managers, game designers and developers, and you’ll be tasked to drive the analytical side of the game, collaborating with the broader group.
* Design, monitor, analyse and communicate results for AB tests
* Translate business needs to technical and AB test requirements, then work with development teams to ensure correct implementation and event tracking
* Work closely with game designers and product team to scope and design tests to identify potential opportunities (e.g. player behaviour, game economy)
* Proactively develop new analyses, experiments and data- driven tools to harness business opportunities
* Carefully check and problem solve issues to ensure the correct operations of the game, even when confronted by subtle data complications
* Provide a business analytical perspective to discussions and help to drive the priorities within your game
* Champion data literacy within the cross- functional game team, and share your knowledge with the wider Data Science community
Skills to create thrills
You have a passion for quantitative analysis, understanding player behaviour and will have the ability to draw business insights which will add real value to King. You are able to learn quickly and have worked in a fast- paced and collaborative environment. This role will involve working with teams and individuals across King - such as Game Developers, Producers and Game Artists, so broad communication skills are essential.
You need to be proficient in the following key skills:
* Product insight: You are capable of using data to gain deep understanding of game mechanics and impacts on player behaviour to solve business problems such as: feature implementation and optimisations, player economy optimisation, main KPI shift, tracking bugs, marketing impact.
* Data Storytelling: You understand how to communicate, visualise and report your findings in a clear and unambiguous way to people with diverse degrees of numerical proficiency.
* Technical skills: You can extract, manipulate and visualise the data and you have an understanding of applied statistics (probability, causality and time series). We make intensive usage of SQL, cloud services and the Python/R analytical stack, so having prior experience in at least two of these domains is definitely a plus.
There is plenty of scope at King for you to learn from your colleagues in the areas where you have less experience, and to share your own skills where you are stronger.
Specific prior experience that might be helpful, but is not required, includes:
Experience in the games industry or customer- facing digital businesses
Behavioural psychology/economics/game theory
Working knowledge of randomised controlled trials (ex: social science research, medical research, biostatistics, policy research etc.) or digital A/B testing and online controlled experiments
Experience with an experimentation platform or with conversion rate optimisation (CRO) for Apps
Software engineering skills
Standard reporting tools such as Looker/Tableau/etc.
Cloud- based big data solutions such as Redshift, BigQuery
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
Data, Analytics & Strategy, London,Stockholm
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Barcelona,London
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Barcelona,London
Data, Analytics & Strategy, London