Principal Engineer (Tech Lead)
Principal Engineer (Tech Lead) - Live game – London
We are looking for an experienced Tech Lead to join one of our Live mobile game teams where you will be a key member of the game’s leadership team.
In this role, you will take pride in creating the very best bite- sized entertainment for millions of players worldwide. If you want to contribute to creating an amazing experience for millions of players to enjoy on the go then this is the right job for you!
The Portfolio Games organisation within King that developed 5 of our most exiting Saga games; Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue, Bubble Witch 3, Candy Crush Friends and Candy Crush Jelly and we are currently looking for several Principal Engineers to join our teams in London and Malmo.
Your role within our great Kingdom
- As a Principal Engineer in the capacity of Tech Lead you will ultimately be responsible for setting and delivering technical objectives for the project.
- You will be required to engage and liaise with development teams across the business, both in Shared Tech and other game teams.
- Responsible for managing a group of developers within the game you will be expected to help them in career development, mentoring and review process.
- You are able to communicate effectively technology and people challenges to the stakeholders and manage expectations.
- You have a good understanding of the services needed to run a live game - you understand both client and server technology and are able to help the team make the right choices.
- Leading the developers of the game you will drive the team to constantly try to improve quality and processes.
- Collaborate inside a multi- craft team during the whole process, ideation to deployment, to create the experiments on a variety of topics.
- Lead on ongoing discussions on technical issues and strategy
- Maintain a culture of sharing knowledge, helping colleagues across crafts to contribute to new tools and processes
Skills to create thrills
You thrive by building on top of the work of others. Cherish pragmatism over perfection to achieve a high velocity of delivery. You have a broad and deep experience in architecture and system design. A passion for the gaming industry and you consider yourself a facilitator to help improve our world leading casual games. You have professional experience developing games for mobile platforms, Android and iOS. You enjoy working in an agile environment. Flexible, adaptable and open to new ideas.
Other skills include:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
Veteran of the games industry (casual games, video games)
Excellent communication and leadership skills with experienced inter- department tech communication.
Fluent in modern C++
Proven experience in secondary programming language.
You're good in a crisis. When emergencies happen we need a clear thinker to mitigate the issue, assist multiple teams in diagnosing it and then get the simplest possible short- term fix in place.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.