Sr. Game Security Engineer
One of Blizzard Entertainment’s core values is “Play Nice, Play Fair” – we believe that epic gaming experiences begin with a level playing field. Because of that, we passionately do everything we can to combat cheating in our games. We want YOU to join this fight!
As an experienced engineer, you can shape the technology that protects our games and have an impact across the whole company! We work with all games and software platforms produced by Blizzard, so we get exposed to a mind- boggling array of technologies – not only client and server security technologies, but obfuscation, machine learning, compilers, operating systems, etc. It’s an incredible place for passionate software engineers who love games and want to have a direct impact protecting our players.
· Expand and advance game security coverage into new territory through C++
development for PC, Mac, mobile, and console platforms – protecting ALL
· Build and update tools and automation that serve as the backbone for our global presence –automating cheat analysis, testing, and deployments.
· Work closely with game teams to understand security risks, integrate our tools, and design creative solutions that improve defenses without compromising performance.
Within 1 month, you will:
· Complete Blizzard new employee orientation
· Learn about game security history, projects, coding standards, and processes
· Fix small bugs to gain familiarity with a single project
Within 3 months, you will:
· Improve areas of our products (performance, modularity, automation, testing)
· Build features and tackle software engineering challenges on our core products
· See your work deployed globally and have an impact!
Within 12 months, you will create your own path in game security by:
· Specializing on a single product or branching out to multiple
· Choosing to embed with a game team on a part- time engagement to address
their specific security needs
· Leading discovery, design, and development of features & products that shape
the game security space!
· 5+ years of software development experience
· Advanced C++ programming skills
· Self- motivated; drives their tasking and identifies areas for the team to improve
· Great problem solving and debugging ability
· Able to communicate well with technical and non- technical personnel, including engineers, analysts, and producers
· Ability to learn and grow!
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Familiarity with Jenkins, Docker, and build systems
· Interest in how compilers work, LLVM, and code transformations
· Reverse engineering skills, assembly programming, or understanding of low-
level machine architecture
· Experience with anti- tamper software, instrumenting or manipulating programs
at a binary level, or creating cheats/bots for games
· Operating system internals knowledge (user and/or kernel)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com