Senior Community Marketing & Editorial Lead
Senior Social Marketing and Editorial Lead
We are looking for an experienced professional with a background and passion for digital communities, building social products, editorial production, social media marketing and content strategy. Preferably the candidate would have working knowledge in gaming and/or entertainment, and an interest in King games. This role supports campaigns and strategic projects alongside the Director of Community and Social Marketing.
YOUR ROLE WITHIN OUR KINGDOM
You will be a part of a team with a mission to put our players at the heart of what we do. You will build strategies for engaging our players deeper than ever before. Working with internal stakeholders and external agencies as well as developing strategies to engage more players and retain existing players.
- Grow our social and digital community through innovative community initiatives, outreach and editorial content
- Experience of building grassroots communities of creators and engaging them
- Experience of managing and working with talent and paid for influencers, including relevant data points for success
- Have a vision for what the power of digital communities can deliver into player’s lives, and where this fits within content and marketing campaigns. Bonus if you can explain metaverse theory and why that’s interesting to digital experiences of the future
- Experience of embedding social concepts within products and services and the challenges and planning needed
- Engage our community in an authentic way - being a fan of our games and products
- Be a genuine advocate internally for what the community is talking about and what matters to them, sharing these and deeper insights to educate campaigns, new content ideas and potential digital experiences in- game
- To have a strategic mind and join the dots between our digital communities, campaigns and in- game community opportunities
- Build thorough and thoughtful strategies for engaging our community deeper and more authentically than before.
- Use insights to develop creative solutions and validate thinking, sharing community listening widely across the business, expert in social listening tools
- Manage external agencies in an agile and flexible way, ensuring the delivery of key projects and value for the business
- Experience working with digital influencers, grassroots influencers and the influencer landscape and culture. Experience of influencer discovery and tools a bonus.
- General understanding of marketing campaigns and strategy and where digital communities can add value
SKILLS TO CREATE THRILLS
- Proven experience working and managing digital communities, social media marketing and or content strategy across gaming and/or entertainment brands or digital/social media agencies with a focus on engagement and growth.
- Comfortable in an agile and flexible working environment - devising strategies to ladder up to wider goals in the department in a changing workplace.
- Relevant experience of working across different departments with the product, marketing, creative and PR
- Strong understanding of digital community culture and norms
- Knowledge of the social media and content ecosystem, trends and formats
- Experience building business cases for investment in content and/or new opportunities.
- A strong culture of collaborating openly with team members and across departments
- Strong editorial judgement and taking into account tone of voice, wider cultural trends
- Experience in content production and managing external agencies including briefing, creative review and post analysis of performance
- High level of resilience with solution mindset in a fast- moving environment
- Strong aptitude for identifying problems, troubleshooting issues and problem- solving
- Excellent communication, presenting and deck building skills with the ability to build relationships internally and externally across all levels, including external agencies
- Experience and knowledge of the US market
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities, delivering in a fast- paced environment, whilst keeping a calm head. Pivoting where necessary with the same energy.
- A growth mindset with a strong leadership attitude
- A self- starter with an entrepreneurial mindset
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.