Global Public Relations Manager, Mobile
Blizzard Entertainment seeks a global public relations manager to drive our communications efforts, primarily for our upcoming mobile games (set in the Warcraft franchise). We are looking for a focused, detail- oriented multitasker who excels in a deadline- driven environment yet can adapt quickly to changing goals and timelines.
The ideal candidate has at least five to eight years of experience in- house at a gaming company or at an agency, has managed international or multi- market programs, and has successfully launched mobile games. Strategic thinking, familiarity with the latest communications techniques, and the ability to advocate for communications needs to stakeholders with varying levels of PR understanding are musts.
The global PR manager will be responsible for the development of the games’ global PR and communications strategy, reporting to the franchise PR director, while working closely and collaboratively with the locally based global communications, global publishing, and game development teams, as well as in- house and agency PR partners around the world. The role will be responsible for media relations, developer interaction, message development, comms planning, trend pitching, crisis communications, and managing relevant asset creation and media coverage reporting. Success will be measured by the games’ global PR performance.
Covid- 19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work- from- home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Develop global, mobile PR strategy for one or more Blizzard games and serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external partners
- Correspond and partner with regional PR teams to support effective global operations
- Serve as primary interface for Blizzard’s developers to gather info, craft messaging, and respond to requests
- Develop PR strategies and manage the execution through pre- launch, launch, and post- launch phases, as well as major content pushes
- Foster positive media relationships; secure and provide counsel for various press opportunities, including larger trend/feature stories; conduct ongoing media interaction to flag trends and opportunities, and
- Lead discussions on PR milestone timing and strategy, and coordinate across different departments and regions within Blizzard
- Participate in discussions around overall brand positioning, comms pillars, overall strategic planning, and tone and content strategy
- Compose accurate, well- written press materials, about Blizzard products and the company, on deadline
- Serve as a primary stakeholder in creation of other assets, including screenshots and concept art
- Distribute materials to and follow up with media for major announcements, opportunities, and pitches; correspond with the press as a representative of Blizzard, as needed
- Support media training of spokespeople, staff interviews, and demo content to media
- Arrange and manage Blizzard’s participation in events, press tours, and interviews
- Compile press coverage and prepare detailed executive summaries
- Take on additional writing projects and other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- A minimum of 5- 8 years of PR experience, preferably on mobile games
- Strategic thinker with a strong media relations background and proven placement results
- Able to quickly compose and edit a variety of creative and business- oriented texts that meet company standards on deadline
- A modern communicator with interest and experience in leveraging integrated campaigns
- Experience working with developers, transforming complex concepts into accessible consumer messages, and developing spokespeople
- Possess excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills while maintaining an ability to always stay focused on the work at hand
- Able to confidently communicate about Blizzard products with the press and public
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of video games and the video game industry
- Extremely detail- oriented and driven to consistently meet deadlines
- Able to organize thoughts and make decisions under time constraints and full workload
- Strong team player, able to balance and blend various department needs and views into effective product- PR strategy
- Able to work with other teams to complement and support each other's plans and objectives
- Good presentation skills
- A passion for gaming on PC and mobile
- Very organized with excellent time- management skills
- Crisis- management experience
- Bachelor's degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism, Business, or equivalent work
- Experience in managing other PR professionals
- Experience working in a global, multicultural environment
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include why you are interested in working in PR at Blizzard Entertainment
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com