Communications Planning & Media – Senior Manager
Since the launch of Candy Crush in 2013 King has experienced significant growth in the mobile gaming category and a significant driver of that growth came from Performance Marketing (mobile UA & DRTV) of which King was one of the first gaming developers to embrace and scale.
However, with increased competition and more demanding consumers, we need to evolve the way we communicate with both active and new players to ensure the game remains relevant to the 260 million monthly players who still play globally.
To help us on this journey we are looking for an experienced best in class Media and Communications Planner who will develop our integrated media strategy to connect to new players and lead the day to day relationship with our media agency whilst working collaboratively across the Marketing organisation and our external partner agencies including creative and social.
Your role within our Kingdom
Supporting the Communications Planning Director you will be responsible for developing truly integrated media/creative led strategies that attract and engage new and active players audiences..
You will work closely with the creative team in developing audience and media strategies that show audience/player led thinking and harness the right media mix to amplify the creative message and reach our key audiences.
The role will involve responsibility of the entire marketing mix (excluding performance marketing) and therefore experience of developing cohesive and measurable contact strategies is a must.
You will be the key day to day contact with the media agency, managing projects and supporting on agency discussions both internal and external with the ability to get the most out of our agency partners in the most collaborative way possible.
Its goes without saying that to fulfil the role of comms planner there will need to be extensive experience across the full media mix including paid/owned/earned
Our media budget is typically split between the UK and US with the majority of the spend in US. US market experience would be preferable However, strong strategic comms and tactical planning experience trumps US media market experience for this role.
Working with the partnership team to assess the role of brand and media partners to augment and amplify our consumer marketing campaigns.
· Develop and execute multi- channel media plans inclusive of; audience research, budget allocation across channels, media strategies & tactics, measurement and reporting
· Work with creative, social, internal media buying team, (Digital & social) to ensure plans are aligned, integrated, measured and that deliverables align with overall plan strategies & tactics, and key timelines are met
· Identify and define key media and content partnership opportunities that align with overall marketing strategies
· Manage day to day agency relationships, resources, briefing and deliver key strategic projects that are foundational to better integrated planning and overall media performance (targeting, segmentation, measurability…)
· Manage agency performance benchmarks & KPIs to improve agency relationship and performance over time
· Develop measurement and test and learn frameworks as part of campaign planning and analysis
Lead competitive analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
· Oversee media agency status meetings responsible for prioritising day to day deliverables
Skills to create thrills
- A strategic, collaborative individual who puts player centricity at the centre of their thinking
- Has a track record in developing effective media campaigns
- Has worked in a media agency for min 6+ years with 8+ years experience of media strategy and planning with a solid understanding of the digital and social ecosystem.
- Client side experience a plus with an understanding of how to operate in a matrix organisation
- Experience of identifying, designing and integrating brand partnership solutions in response to a marketing brief.
- Has experience of working with multiple agency partners to deliver a single client brief
- A creative mind set, grounded in commercial goals
- Experienced with cross- functional team (internal creative agency, insights, media perf, PR…)
- Insights & data driven to construct hypothesis & concept
- Experience of working for a youth lifestyle or an entertainment brand required.
- Collaborative and humble you are a motivated team player.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.