Senior Full Stack Engineer
Your role within our Kingdom
As our Platform Engineer, you will be a part of a team with a mission to build, innovate and maintain technology for Kings Loyalty Platform and infrastructure. This includes evaluating existing tech, developing new services, tools and features for our platform and web portals, defining and implementing development and release processes for the team, investigating problems including live incident response and coaching your fellow team mates. You will enjoy a creative, challenging and collaborative workplace where your ideas will be every bit as valued as your Engineering expertise.
You will work in a dynamic environment where work is driven by the requirements of our customers. Therefore you should be a fast learner with a positive attitude and a strong passion for working with new technology. You're excited about doing what's best for our players and adaptable enough to work on different things day to day based on their needs, and prepared to roll up your sleeves to support in any area that needs attending.
● Architect efficient, reusable back- end systems and workflows to drive complex cloud services in our on- premise data center, Azure and GCP.
● Design and build front- end web apps, back- end database, and services.
● Setup and implement automatic testing end2end within your area of backend services.
● Implement release process, disaster recovery plan & execution and definition of work processes.
● Improve workflows and create scripts and tools for automation, configuration, and release management within your area.
● Evaluate and utilize the latest concepts, tools, and technologies.
● Create and maintain technical documentation covering your areas.
● Lead assigned feature development and coach fellow teammates on projects end2end.
Skills to create thrills
You have a great passion for Full Stack Platform engineering, new technologies, large scale systems and games. You are an excellent communicator, comfortable dealing with people from different business units and with varying degrees of technical savviness. Therefore, you are able to translate business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
● Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline or equivalent experience.
● 5+ years’ experience as a Java developer building platform services and live systems
● Experience using Agile practices such as Scrum, maintaining CI/CD build tools using Jenkins, Automated testing and code reviews
● Experience developing features using services like Message queues/Streaming tech such as Kafka, Database schemas and operating a live platform at scale.
● Experience using tools like Git/Github systems, Gradle, Maven and NPM
Tasty bonus skills
● Experience developing platform services using NodeJS.
● Experience developing and maintaining systems on Azure and GCP.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Technology & Development, Barcelona,London,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Foster City
Technology & Development, Malmö
Technology & Development, Foster City,San Francisco