Social Media & Digital Publishing Team Lead/Manager (Blizzard Entertainment Titles)
Job Title: Social Media & Digital Publishing Lead
Reporting To: Social Media & Digital Publishing Director
Department: Marketing Communications
Contract Term: Permanent
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain.
Based in Soho, the cultural heart of London’s West End with a vast array of classic record shop and leading film companies, media offices and great restaurants. Regent’s Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Piccadilly Circus and the shopping mecca of Oxford Street. It is conveniently walking distance from a number of London tube stations and mainline train stations.
To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the Social Media & Digital Publishing Lead, you will manage a team of Social Media & Digital Publishing Specialists and oversee the day- to- day social media campaign and digital marketing content publishing for Activision & Blizzard titles. Working closely with Consumer Marketing, Territory Marketing Activation and Communication teams you will thrive in an energetic team environment, be a natural team- player and a functional specialist in all things Social and Digital Marketing.
Priorities can often change in a fast- paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- People management and leadership of the Social Media & Digital Publishing team.
- Drive the (digital) channel strategy to support the ongoing needs across both Franchises and specific regional requirements for EMEA
- Lead transcreation, creative origination and subsequent publishing of content across Social and
- Digital platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and websites including Battlenet for EMEA
- Identify strategic and tactical content opportunities to support key franchises in EMEA and ensure we are delivering against bringing key marketing messages to our players
- Oversee implementation and optimisation of EMEA digital publishing tools including (but not limited to) Sprinklr, Opal & Netbase• Lead reporting around campaign/content performance utlising a number of in- house and external tool sets
- Work closely with Global Franchise Digital Marketing leads to pitch, develop and execute truly Global digital franchise campaigns
- Manage external agency partners to support with Digital asset transcreation, publishing & reporting
- Partner with cross- functional teams (centrally and locally) to develop and execute local content opportunities
- Develop an effective partnership with the internal Community teams to drive a consistent feedback loop to inform content strategy
- Support the Digital Director with budget setting and management
- A Degree level Education (preferred) relevant to the experience required for the role
- 5+ years experience of Social Media and/or Digital Content Publishing experience preferably within the gaming sector
- 2+ years experience of people management - managing direct reports and influencing colleagues who succeeded under your guidance
- Experience developing and executing Social Media strategies and channel planning
- Experience working with digital content planning tools (e.g Opal), social publishing tools (e.g Sprinklr, Spredfast) and digital reporting/social listening tools (e.g Netbase, Crimson Hexagon)
- Well- versed in working across complex, matrix driven organisations, client or agency- side
- Strong business acumen and proven strategic, analytical and creative abilities
- Demonstrated experience of developing and executing insight- driven integrated marketing campaigns that drove quantitative results at a local or regional level
- Clear self- motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
- Ability to build productive relationships by using your excellent written and verbal English skills along with strong stakeholder management skills
- Additional EU language (preferred)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Demonstrable experience in self- prioritisation of work and appropriately responding to urgent matters
- A willingness to travel should it be required in role
- You will be a confident, proactive and approachable personality that oozes team spirit with the added extra of being a go- getter, ambitious and tenacious in nature who can work autonomously when required all with a great sense of humor
- Finally a passion for gaming and entertainment is an absolute must
Our mission, to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment has never been more important. Through communities rooted in our video game franchises we enable hundreds of millions of people in 190 countries to experience joy, thrill and achievement. We enable social connections through the lens of fun and we foster purpose and a sense of accomplishment through healthy competition. Like sport, but with greater accessibility, our players can find purpose and meaning through competitive gaming. Video games, unlike any other social or entertainment media, have the ability to break down the barriers that can inhibit tolerance and understanding. As a business we have an extraordinary track record of delivering stakeholder value for over 30 years. We are a member of the Fortune 500 and the S&P 500. Our enduring franchises are some of the world’s most popular, including Activision’s Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™, Blizzard Entertainment's World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Hearthstone®, Diablo®, and StarCraft®, and King's Candy Crush™, Bubble Witch™, and Farm Heroes™. Our sustained success has enabled the company – through its support of the Call of Duty Endowment – to help find employment for over 80,000 veterans.
Learn more information about Activision Blizzard and its world of epic entertainment on the company's website, www.activisionblizzard.com.
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.