Strategic Sourcing Manager
6 MONTH FIXED TERM CONTRACT ROLE
King is looking for an experienced and seasoned Strategic Sourcing Manager to support the sourcing, procurement, purchasing, invoicing and payment processes specifically for the Tech/IT spend category within the King’s Shares Services Center based in Barcelona (Spain) or at our London offices. The ideal candidate will be in charge of supporting the global Tech/IT category in order to drive cost savings and efficiencies across Activision Blizzard King sites across EU/EMEA.
Your role within our Kingdom
The Strategic Sourcing Manager will directly support the most immediate procurement and purchasing needs and requirements through a structured approach to ordering, processing and controlling the payment process of invoices with an end- to- end approach. Therefore, we are looking for someone with specific experience in Tech/IT category management and a proven record on managing suppliers both in the strategic and operational procurement spaces, someone who is passionate about building and maintaining great relationships both internally, at Activision Blizzard King, as well as externally with our supplier base. The right candidate will also have proven experience in supplier and vendor relationship management, negotiation and administration on similar type of senior strategic procurement roles.
Responsibilities will include:
- Previous working experience of 7+ years as an IT or Tech Category Manager, Strategic Sourcing, Supplier and/or Vendor Management senior positions.
- Entering purchase orders from King’s internal customers into the e- procurement system for IT requirements; thus, becoming the central point for procurement and purchasing for the IT users within King´s day- to- day operations Central Purchasing Desk.
- Acting as a point of contact between King internal customers and our Finance stakeholders when support is required with regards to the management of suppliers.
- Supporting the design, development and implementation phases of the overall procurement and purchasing strategy, supporting the Finance Department when required.
- Keeping track and file the contractual agreements for all suppliers in scope of this role considering contract renewal dates, extensions and upcoming negotiations.
- Troubleshooting all supplier problems and present to upper management as required.
- To track, measure, report and evaluate supplier and vendor performance for monthly performance tracking.
- To manage the tracking and reporting of IT procurement savings on monthly basis.
- To manage, track, control and receipt all IT deliveries (hardware), when required by the IT Support Team.
- Be responsible for managing the ticketing system (JIRA & ServiceNow) for procurement and purchasing requirements for IT and Tech requests for the different Activision Blizzard King entities across EU/EMEA.
- Liaise with the different business stakeholders, where support is to be provided, in order to raise, modify and redo if needed requisitions and purchase orders for the spend category in scope of this role.
Skills to create thrills:
- Desirable to have Operational Procurement experience with external third party providers and to have knowledge about Procure- to- Pay (P2P) processes.
- Desirable to have previous experience in JIRA or any other ticketing system (e.g.: ServiceNow or similar tool).
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with both internal customers and external suppliers, vendors and strategic partners; thus, someone who is empathetic and emotionally intelligent able to connect with key business stakeholders who will perceive the Senior Category Manager as a value- adding partner and a trusted advisor.
- Proven experience in International Purchasing/Procurement environments (7+ yrs.) including Procurement transformational projects.
- Strong knowledge, experience and previous interaction with an e- procurement solution system being desirable to have previous experience in Oracle (iProc) or a similar PO- raising system.
- Previous experience in collaborative tools (e.g.: SharePoint) a bonus.
- Excellent problem solving/resolution skills and strong interpersonal (soft) and management skills with business stakeholders.
- High level customer service skills.
- Ability to work flexibly within tight timelines and to take initiative when required by specific situations and scenarios.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Desirable additional language command of either French or Spanish.
- Flexibility in terms of location; therefore, the successful candidate could be based either in London (United Kingdom) or in Barcelona (Spain).
- Availability to travel when required within Activision Blizzard King locations across EU/EMEA and to supplier’s sites, as required.
King Digital Entertainment plc is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. We make games for millions of players worldwide, which can be played on our king.com and royalgames.com websites, Facebook, and mobile platforms such as the Apple App Store, the Google Play Store and the Amazon Appstore. King has game studios in Barcelona, Berlin, Bucharest, London, Malmö and Stockholm along with offices in Malta, San Francisco, and New York.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Please send us your CV by clicking the ‘Apply now’ button. All applications must be in English.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.