Senior Digital Marketing Manager, World of Warcraft
Job Title: Senior Global Digital Marketing Manager - Warcraft
As the Senior Global Digital Marketing Manager for the Warcraft franchise, you will be the driving force behind the brand strategy, creative development, and execution across online platforms and all Warcraft titles.
Blizzard has been a leader in entertainment for nearly 30 years, with millions of passionate fans globally. Coming off of one of the biggest PC launches of all time with 2020’s Shadowlands, World of Warcraft continues to build upon its iconic position in gaming culture. As the Warcraft franchise expands, like a leader for the Horde or Alliance, you will be entrusted with the reigns of our social battle plan and take this franchise into a new era through social media.
This position requires experience developing and executing a strategic approach to social platforms for a major title or brand, team and/or agency leadership, as well as familiarity with paid media, influencers, as well as engaging with players and fans. This position is the conduit between Consumer Marketing, Commercial, Development, and our global offices. The Senior Digital Marketing Manager will have a thought leadership position inside the organization as it relates to how World of Warcraft represents itself and engages players through social platforms.
In addition to knowledge of and passion for the Warcraft universe, the ideal candidate will be an expert in digital marketing, knowledgeable about the gaming space, and a proactive self- starter who is constantly looking to push the envelope with innovative and clever ideas.
- Lead social media strategy development and execution for the Warcraft franchise across various social platforms including, but not limited to: Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Twitch, Snapchat, and Reddit
- Bring new and big ideas to the table, as well as collaboratively build on others’ concepts to deliver game engagement and build passion for the universe
- Partner with internal creative teams and manage an external agency partner
- Collaborate with digital teams internationally, ensuring they are on board with global plans and are executing initiatives on strategy
- Work effectively with internal cross- functional teams including Commercial, Consumer Marketing, Growth Marketing, Public Relations, Events, and Partnerships to drive 360 campaigns
- Oversee the global Warcraft social editorial calendar, aligning key stakeholders
- Drive weekly social media reporting, insights and delivery through the use of analytics and CMS tools including Sprinklr
- Utilize learnings to inform and support the creative approach to reach KPIs across platforms and campaigns
- 7+ years experience in social media - agency or client- side equivalent as a Social Strategist or Digital Marketer, including experience strategizing, producing, and executing complex campaigns
- Experience collaborating within a large organization, driving creative work with multiple departments
- Production experience working on video shoots for social content, as well as long- form video for digital
- Familiarity with the gaming industry and overall enthusiasm for gaming
- Experience managing direct reports and/or working with 3rd Party agencies
- Appetite for all things digital and social -- up to date on the latest platforms and technologies and desire to identify opportunities for strategic brand involvement
- Understanding of brand strategy and ability to write strategic marketing briefs and persuasive POVs
- Working knowledge of social platforms and tools such as Sprinklr and native platform analytics tools, etc.
- Ability to effectively interact with internal/external stakeholders and all levels of management
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or marketing
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com