Data Science Intern
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Data Scientist Intern
We are looking for a talented Data Scientist Intern pursuing a degree or recently graduated in mathematics, statistics or computer science, or another quantitative discipline.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to improve the experience of King’s 300 million+ players across our network of games and help us to further understand, model, predict, segment, monetise and retain those customers, then this may be the right opportunity for you. You will be part of the community of 80+ business intelligence & analytics experts at King, while working daily in smaller teams of 5- 8 people within the studio.
As an intern, you will get a chance to dip your feet and take part of typical tasks that fill our Data Scientists’ day:
- Building both large systematic reports and one- off small pieces of analysis.
- Providing on- going reporting and performance monitoring from multiple data sources.
- Working with all parts of the business to identify analytical requirements and formalize an approach for reliable, relevant, accurate, efficient reporting on those requirements.
- Translating business needs to technical requirements and implementation.
- Proactively developing new analyses and insights, to drive decisions and strategies for user acquisition, retention and monetization.
- Designing and implementing advanced statistical testing for customized problem solving.
- Debugging and problem- solving issues to ensure delivery of accurate metrics
- Supporting with scoping and prioritizing future projects.
Skills to create thrills
- With a real passion for games, you will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics
- Have programming skills
- Interest in drawing business insights from data.
- Show us that you have the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast pace and shared environment whilst communicating your findings effectively!
- Recently finished or pursuing a degree in computer science, statistics, math, analytics or equivalent
- Experience dealing with large, real- world datasets and SQL is a plus
- Experience in statistical analysis, e.g. A/B testing, predictive analytics skills
- Worked with practical applications of data analysis e.g. segmentation, visualisation
- Programming skills in languages such as Java, R, Python, etc.
- Experience with business analytics
Want to join our Kingdom? Apply now! All applications need to be in English. This will be a 6- month full- time internship starting around September and is suitable for those looking for a LIA placement or have recently graduated. Our application deadline is April 18th 2021, however we recruit on an ongoing basis, so early application is advised to avoid disappointment.
Please note that this internship will likely be carried out on a remote basis. We are keeping this under review, and will provide final confirmation closer to the date on which the internship is due to commence, but you should assume the internship will be remote. To be considered for this opportunity you would need to be a resident of, and eligible to work in, a country where King is located, as King can only facilitate local hires in order to comply with its legal and tax obligations. These countries are: UK, Spain, Sweden, Germany, Malta. If you are resident and eligible to work in one of these countries you are free to apply for a remote internship in any of the other King locations listed here (even if it’s not the country you’re resident in). Please note that we will require evidence of your residence and eligibility to work as part of the internship application process.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.