Senior Producer - Soda
Craft:Games Design & Production
We're looking for a Senior Producer to deliver world- leading casual games. If you want to create entertainment for millions of players to enjoy on the go, then this is the right job for you! Reporting directly to the Head of Production, you will be responsible for product development, business excellence and player satisfaction.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Lead the product development in a cross- functional group of around 30 people within Candy Crush Soda Saga, creating world- class features for millions of players.
- Partner with the Head of Production to define the vision and strategy for production teams based on market research, an understanding of Soda’s long term strategy and vision overall, company goals and strategy and by looking at the current state of successes and failures in our own products and in products out on the market.
- As a senior leader, you are accountable for the creation of world- class features for millions of players. You are expected to drive early product discovery together with senior experts to help validate and contribute to the strategy for future products. You are expected to take validated ideas through the full production cycle, finding the best balance of player desirability, business viability and technical feasibility to deliver features on time and meeting overall business targets. You partner with other senior leaders to inform and guide the setting of Soda’s overall vision and strategy.
- As a champion of recognizing and embracing uncertainty within the company and guiding teams toward the right approach at the right times, you drive the product development framework for pushing the product forward. Understand where we are today, where we want to go, what is preventing us from getting there and what needs to be done.
- As a product leader you are encouraged to lead other leaders through exceptionally strong communication skills and supporting a positive, creative, feedback- focused culture. You partner with development teams to source and compile information into useful context, taking abstract ideas and thoughts and bring them together into something actionable. You are expected to develop strong networks with key partners across the company and with cross- functional development teams to get the job done.
Skills to create thrills
- Having led the development, release and/or service operations of at least one game or live digital product.
- Experience in validating real customer and business value.
- Working within a positive, open- feedback team culture and environment to boost engagement, ownership, and accountability.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Real passion for games and product development.
- Knowledge of the mobile game market and platforms.
- Experience in leading large teams or other leaders and in aligning towards and executing against product vision and goals at a large scale.
- Able to receive feedback openly and adjust leadership style and way of working.
- Understanding and/or experience of F2P business model.
- Strong analytical and data- informed decision- making.
- Experience with lean/agile product management and methodologies.
Tasty bonus skills
- Strong bonus with a background or significant experience in game development crafts such as art, game design, engineering, QA/QC.
- Experience with outsourcing or distributed teams/development.
- Curious about emerging product practices and tools in the industry.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.