Job Title: People Director
Are you a passionate People Professional who gets a kick out of creating great teams and workplaces? If so, get in touch as we are looking for someone special to drive the people agenda for our Candy and Soda Kingsters.
Your role within our Kingdom
In this role, you will be partnering with, and leading HR delivery for, some of our most senior business leaders as well as collaborating across our broader people team to ensure high impact, purpose driven people outcomes. The People Director works for the Candy and Soda teams globally. Your population will span across predominantly Stockholm but potentially other locations. This role reports into the Senior HR Director based in Stockholm.
• Be working with the Senior HR Director to lead the creation and implementation of a clearly articulated Strategic “People Plan” aligned with the business goals.
Day to day you will:
• Be accountable for creating and driving the people strategy for your area of responsibility.
• Have accountability for completing talent planning, succession, assessments and similar processes that drive the people strategy with high quality and integrity; including execution upon agreed to and approved plans
• Deliver the agreed people plans for their business areas
• Be a key influencer on all important people related decisions, ensuring that the business maintains alignment with the people strategy.
• Support your client groups at a strategic level regarding performance management, talent identification, org design, employee engagement, workforce and budget planning.
• Act as lead partner for activities such as re- organizations and other corporate change initiatives
• Partner with your Talent Acquisition lead to develop a robust talent acquisition strategy for your business area, ensuring the continuous evolution of talent acquisition capabilities and initiatives to attract the best talent.
• Drive talent management and succession plan strategies and ensure that we are providing challenging opportunities or stretch assignments to our key talent.
• Ensure that the Business Partners that support you have the information they need to carry out the operational requirements of the People strategy.
And to help us continue to evolve as a function we will ask you to:
• Embed a continuous improvement approach into your business areas.
• Contribute towards the success of the People leadership team by owning projects or initiatives outside of your business areas that are designed to impact the wider People team.
• Mentor the Business Partners within your business areas, ensuring they are developed and supported, contributing towards their goals, feedback and coaching.
• Ensure robust HR analytics and people management data are used to gain insights for talent decisions, workforce planning and shaping the people strategy.
“Skills” to create thrills!
Above all we are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting their client groups, getting to know the business and providing pragmatic solutions to their everyday challenges and future plans.
You will be able to demonstrate your…
• Ability to be a Change agent - the skills and desire to change the status quo for the better
• Executive presence, courage of conviction, high IQ and EQ
• Proven ability to attract and develop talent both within HR and assigned client groups
• Commercial approach to HR partnering. We believe that’s what makes us true partners to the business and not just a service which acts on what they tell us to do
• Experience of working as a business partner in a well- organized and structured company alongside centres of excellence, e.g Reward, Talent Acquisition, L&OD, People Ops
• Enthusiasm for a challenge and the ability to quickly establish credibility and respect with your team and client group
• Successful track record in a fast paced, intellectually challenging environment of building a solid connection with your clients and providing valuable HR support
• Experience administering HR strategic planning cycles and implementing the local people plan
• Experience in instilling high performance practices and building leader ”people” capabilities
• Experience creating a great workplace through initiatives and cultural activities
• Business fluent written and verbal English
• Experience using data to inform and drive decision- making
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent – because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.