Communications Director - ANZ/ S-ASIA
Job Title: Communications Director ANZ/S- Asia
Reporting To: Managing Director ANZ/S- Asia
Department: Commercial Org
As Communication Director ANZ/S- Asia you will lead our Australian/ New Zealand (ANZ) and South Asia (S- Asia) Communications teams to deliver world class PR, social and ambassador programs across the region. This position will give you the opportunity to thrive in a challenging, creative environment, and grow with a strong and supportive team who are committed to excellence at every level.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative but self- motivated leader with a proven track record of managing developing best in class communications strategies and executions that append to a larger integrated marketing plan. The role requires very strong communication and critical thinking skills, along with the ability to directly lead and manage a medium sized team. You must thrive on high pressure deadlines and be able to consistently achieve results on time and within budget. Industry experience is highly desirable coupled with an intricate knowledge of the South Asia region with emphasis on how to leverage social channel platforms across the region.
- Lead the development of the ANZ/S- Asia communications holistic strategic plan that ties to the overarching Country/region objectives.
- Provide expertise on how to build engaged audiences through delivering culturally relevant compelling content for players that we already know and players we are yet to meet.
- Direct, coach and mentor staff members to develop world class executions across all facets of communications.
- Select and manage overarching relationships with agency partners to build programs that fulfil the communications strategic plan and add to gaining commercial success for the franchises.
- Lead corporate communications across the region in consultation with key internal stakeholders.
- Engage and foster relationships with global communications counterparts and influence positive outcomes for the region.
- Responsible for setting overall organizational communications, public relations policies and priorities.
- Stay up to date on all gaming, (e)sports, media & entertainment news, monitor competitors and other industry leaders for learnings, insights and best practices.
- 12+ years of communications experience across video games, communications agencies, technology, or entertainment.
- Have a proven track record of developing best in class communications strategies that have provided commercial success.
- In- depth knowledge of SEA and India markets.
- Ability to lead medium to large size teams, creating clear development plans and driving cohesion to gain commercial results.
- Deep working knowledge of social platforms across the South Asia region.
- Strong understanding of the mobile games market across the South Asia region and experience in driving ambassador programs appended to this platform.
- Highly organized and detail- oriented problem- solver who thinks fast and finds solutions when others may see a dead end.
- Equally left and right- brained with analytical skills to evaluate program effectiveness, and strong creative judgment to recognize what’s on- trend/on- brand.
- Innovative, strategic thinker who is motivated to execute exceptionally and work independently within a fast- paced environment.
- Excellent team player with the ability to build, foster and nurture strong relationships across internal functions and external partners.
- Experience in managing a large set of internal stakeholders, agency partners, media, and ambassadors.
- Passion for gaming, lifestyle, and entertainment industry.
- Must possess exceptional ability to craft fresh, engaging, and innovative digital experiences intended to grow the cultural relevance and earned media awareness for Activision Blizzard’s product and properties.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- A strong network of media contacts and a proven way of building new relationships with existing and emerging media and influencers.
- Written and verbal language capability to be successful in SEA or India is highly desirable.
- Passion for data and consumer insight driven decision making.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world’s largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™, and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users across the globe, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
We’re proud to be included as one of FORTUNE’s "100 Best Companies To Work For®” for five consecutive years and for having received a perfect score on the 2019 Corporate Equality Index released by the Human Rights Campaign Foundation, the educational arm of the nation’s largest LGBTQ civil rights organization. We've earned a spot on FORTUNE’s "World’s Best Employers," “Most Admired Companies,” and “Future 50” lists, in addition to, being ranked one of Fast Company's World’s Most Innovative Companies in Gaming for three years in a row. Our global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast- paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com