VP/Head of Creative Candy Crush Saga
Craft:Games Design & Production
Candy Crush Saga is looking for a Creative Director, who will focus on evolving the game in order to expand its audience, deepen player engagement, and increase player investment. Our Creative Director will help to ensure that we deliver an exciting, well- designed, and continuously evolving experience for players over several years.
Together with your team, you will create, develop and help to drive ideas that deeply engage current and future Candy players, especially where we need to work together across multiple parts of the organisation in order to succeed. You will work closely with your team to provide feedback, context and direction across the whole of Candy.
As the Creative Director, you will take it upon yourself to set your part of the organization up for success and you know what makes an excellent Creative team run like clockwork. This includes making sure the appropriate structures and processes are in place, understanding and communicating player wants and needs, and continuously evaluating how your organization is set up, its effectiveness, and its contribution to and alignment with our overall objectives.
This role will report to the Head of Candy, and will be a member of the Candy Core Leadership Team. You’ll need to be a strong and senior people and organizational leader, with the ability to think strategically, dive deep into details, and provide direction, advice, and support to others.
- Create, own and drive a 3- year creative vision and strategy, in partnership with the Candy Core Leadership Team and in line with overall Candy strategy
- Build and lead a world- class creative team that develops, expresses and upholds high standards, and creates positive change for Candy players, the game, the team, and the business
- Hire and coach exceptional talent, building high- functioning teams, and establishing and improving ways of working across the org
- Communicate effectively inside and outside the Candy org to ensure everyone working on Candy understands and can relate to the creative vision and strategy
- Drive continually to improve game quality and operational effectiveness, and to accelerate feature, system and capability development
- As the most senior creative in CCS, represent and advocate for the game and the team across King and Activision Blizzard
- Act as a role model for the King values, taking the lead on company- wide initiatives and finding ways to evolve and reinforce our culture
- Drive the Creative agenda in the Core Leadership Team
- Contribute to Candy’s overall success and growth, helping to shape strategy and execution for the product, the business, and the organisation
- Candy Core Leadership Team shared goals:
- Grow the game (increase CCS net revenue YoY)
- Consistently demonstrate and coach the behaviours expected of leaders in CCS (proactive, engaged, effective, considerate, communicative, and results- oriented)
Skills to Create Thrills
- Senior leadership experience in mobile f2p games
- Experience and understanding of live game development and operations
- Strong track record in games and product design, ideally with strong experience in system design
- Experience of managing, coaching and supporting leaders in different crafts, with different backgrounds, and different perspectives
- Excellent team leadership skills – able to attract top talent, passionate about building happy and high performing teams, and championing creative excellence
- Outstanding communication and people skills – able to motivate, inspire, challenge and encourage others
- Strategic mindset, combining creative and commercial experience
- Strong understanding of creative functions (especially Game Design, Art, UI, UX, Player Research, Economy Design) across both development and delivery
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable with f2p metrics
- Able to work with input from various sources to inform and create, communicate, and adjust the future direction of the product
- Detailed knowledge of the games market and current consumer expectations
- Willing and able to be a role model for Candy leadership behaviours: proactive, engaged, effective, considerate, communicative, and results- oriented
- Experience of operating in a high- paced development and delivery environment, making sense of complex, high- volume and sometimes contradictory information to identify and solve problems with others
- Able to navigate across a company successfully, with the ability to make an impact in multiple areas of the business
- Strong alignment with the King values
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.
Games Design & Production, Barcelona,Stockholm
Games Design & Production, Barcelona,Stockholm
Games Design & Production, Stockholm
Games Design & Production, Barcelona