Senior UX Designer - Live Games
Craft:Games Design and Production
Can you take our players on a journey? Do you want to create the world's best mobile games? We need UX and UI talent to help us level up. You'll drive our team forward to deliver unforgettable games that delight players across the world.
Your role within the KingdomDo you want to join a growing team and create experiences that are flexible enough to evolve with the needs of a Live game like Candy Crush Soda?
The role is very versatile and you should prepare to take on many different kinds of tasks, ranging from creative challenges to mass production for a worldwide market. You will work closely with other artists, producers, game designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where your team contribution will help craft the next generation of King games.
Skills to create thrills:
- You are a creative person with a real passion for games.
- Proficient in user experience design on mobile
- You have worked with and have good knowledge about UCD methodologies
- Used to work on projects from a very early stage, from written brief to final production
- Good experience with various user research methodologies
- Good sense of not only when but how to validate ideas
- Great prototyping skills
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Ability to translate vision into design
- Dedicated in learning and developing your skills to the next level
- Ability to communicate design vision to cross- functional teams
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimisation and implementation
- Knowledge of and an interest in game design and freemium best- practices
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Experience working with Game Design and Narrative
- Experience with data triangulation practices
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Games Design and Production, Stockholm
Games Design and Production, Barcelona
Games Design and Production, Stockholm
Games Design and Production, London