Senior C++ Client Developer – R&D
The R&D studio is the engine that maximizes throughput of learnings for all of King.
By conducting experiments on live games, we advance the boundaries of our knowledge, open new areas of creativity, and add significant revenue to the network.
We are looking for a talented and experienced C++ Client Developer to help us build and run experiments on our existing foundation and contribute to improvements in our technology with innovation and collaboration at the forefront.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Designing and implementing client side game features (experiments) for the purpose to expand our knowledge of our players and their motivations for playing our games
- Collaborating inside a multi- craft team during the whole process, ideation to deployment, to create the experiments on a variety of topics
- Working closely with the multiple teams to iteratively innovate on our technical solutions and processes in a self/team driven environment
- Monitoring and managing the needs of a live title
- Contributing to the ongoing discussions on technical issues and strategy
- Maintaining and improving our existing code base
- Delivering high quality and well- structured code
- Sharing knowledge, helping colleagues across crafts and contributing to new tools and processes that helps the Studio perform at its best
As a new member of the team we offer a unique opportunity to be involved hands on and learn as you go. The wide responsibilities of the team give a wide array of challenges to conquer and King offers many opportunities for training and personal development.
Skills to create thrills
- A degree in Computer Science or similar
- Excellent C++ knowledge
- Professional experience from game development
- Professional experience from Android or iOS development
- A keen interest in understanding our players
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Experience working with mobile devices
- A strong curiosity for how things work and how they can be made better
- Understanding of UX/UI design principles
- Experience with Python scripting and automation of tasks
- Team leadership experience
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, then we’d love to talk with you.
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.
You should submit your application in English.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.