Senior VFX Artist
We are looking for a passionate and driven VFX Artist to become part of our live games team, here in the heart of Soho, London.
We’re looking for someone who has an appetite for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for making the best games possible.
We believe that phenomenal VFX is essential to making sure our players have lots of fun! So if you have the skills and desire to make great games, we’re looking for you!
Your Role Within Our Kingdom
You will be crafting industry leading VFX seen by hundreds of millions of people around the globe, working a beloved, world renowned franchise.
You will work with the finest artists, developers and designers to create VFX that will bring our games to life and add another dimension to our player experience.
Skills to Create Thrills
● Experience crafting industry leading VFX for mobile platforms, maintaining and pushing a high bar for quality.
● Experience working with art director's, tech artists, designers and developers to ensure that VFX assets are always on brand and game ready.
● You have experience working in the game industry as a VFX artist (preference to for mobile and casual games experience)
● Very efficient with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya etc.) and particle editors, as well as AfterEffects or similar programs for pre- visualising VFX
● Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and post processing effects
● Experience and passion for research and development of new tools and techniques and writing documentation and training material.
● Experience crafting original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
● Experience creating hand- drawn, stylised effects as well as particle effects
● Technical expertise and familiarity with game engines and their performance requirements, experience of optimising VFX to run effectively on target hardware particularly mobile
● Knowledge in building VFX libraries, as well as establishing and maintaining a VFX asset pipeline
● Experience participating in art reviews and suggesting creative ideas and solutions.
● Good communication and organisational skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
Tasty Bonus Points
● Ability to write scripts and actions to create VFX
● Agile project environment exposure.
● Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games
Life At King!
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes!
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people.
A great Saga needs all kinds of heroes- that’s why we hire all sorts of talent!
Want to join our Kingdom?
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us. :)
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
Games Design & Production, London, Berlin, Malmö
Games Design & Production, London
Games Design & Production, Barcelona
Games Design & Production, Barcelona