Lead VFX Artist - New Games
We are looking for a passionate and driven VFX Artist to become part of our new games team.
We’re looking for someone who has an appetite for solving difficult challenges, a thirst for innovation and a drive for making the best games possible.
We believe that phenomenal VFX is essential to making sure our players have lots of fun! So if you have the skills and desire to make great games, we’re looking for you!
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be crafting industry leading VFX for the next generation of mobile gaming experiences.
You will work with the finest artists, developers and designers to create VFX that will bring our games to life and add another dimension to our player experience.
Skills to create thrills
- Experience crafting industry leading VFX for mobile platforms, maintaining and pushing a high bar for quality.
- Experience working with art director's, tech artists, designers and developers to ensure that VFX assets are always on brand and game ready.
- You have experience working in the game industry as a VFX artist (preference to for mobile and casual games experience)
- Very efficient with Photoshop, 3D applications (Maya etc.) and particle editors, as well as AfterEffects or similar programs for pre- visualising VFX
- Experience in utilising and adapting real time shaders and post processing effects
- Experience and passion for research and development of new tools and techniques and writing documentation and training material.
- Experience crafting original texture sprites and sprite sheets to create particle effects
- Experience creating hand- drawn, stylised effects as well as particle effects
- Technical expertise and familiarity with game engines and their performance requirements, experience of optimising VFX to run effectively on target hardware particularly mobile
- Knowledge in building VFX libraries, as well as establishing and maintaining a VFX asset pipeline
- Experience participating in art reviews and suggesting creative ideas and solutions.
- Good communication and organisational skills
A portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skill is required.
- Ability to write scripts and actions to create VFX
- Agile project environment exposure.
- Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games
Make your mark
We never stand still. Together we experiment, learn, and adapt to create new experiences that delight hundreds of millions of people. It's an exciting time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and seeking out the fresh ideas that will help us redefine the industry.
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
Want to join our Kingdom?
You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.
You should submit your application in English.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.