Backend Developer - New Midcore Title
Our studio is creating the future of King games! We are championing innovation and exploring new territories in mid- core.
King Barcelona New Games is looking for a passionate backend developer to bolster the team and deliver the features we need to make our games great.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be working on a Game Team, supporting and driving the backend development. You will be working with various technologies both for the game client and technologies on the backend side.
- Work closely not only with your team, but also with the shared teams, collaborating to create the best solutions possible
- Own products we ship
- Deliver high quality code and products
- Design, architect, and implement solutions from start to finish
- Share knowledge with the Studio and King as a whole
Skills to create thrills
You are passionate about programming and have a sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the tech you work with.
We want you to have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and to be a strong team player, able to work in a fast paced, demanding, yet fun and professional environment.
- You are a team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas
- You are keen to grow and develop yourself
- You are experienced with backend technologies, such as Java 8, MySQL, Kafka etc
- Comfortable using UNIX environments
- You have worked with cloud providers, such as AWS or Google Cloud
- No stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers
- Have worked with Jenkins or other CI systems for automation
- You are are familiar with concepts such as TDD, DI, IoC
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.
You should submit your application in English.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.