Lead DevOps Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Craft:Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media is the gateway for brands to the #1 cross- platform gaming company in the western world, with hundreds of millions of players across over 190 countries.
Our legendary portfolio includes iconic mobile game franchises such as Candy Crush™, esports opportunities like the Call of Duty® and Overwatch® Leagues, and some of the top PC and console gaming franchises such as World of Warcraft®, Call of Duty®, and StarCraft®.
The idea is simple: great game experiences offer great marketing experiences.
We are hiring a Lead DevOps Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within the Kingdom* Collaborate with architects and software engineers to design and implement application builds, releases, deployment and configuration tasks
* Implement monitoring and alerting tools and solutions to provide visibility into the infrastructure and application performance
* Work with architects and software engineers to migrate the existing platform to Google Cloud
* Accountable for automating the installation of env, system components to achieve 99.9% uptime
* Proactively identify scaling issues and collaborate with architects and software engineers to address them
* Take ownership of operational excellence and be the point of contact for troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving production issues
Skills to create thrills:* 5+ years of experience in DevOps or similar roles supporting high volume web services systems with minimal down time
* Experience setting up monitoring and alerting tools e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, PagerDuty
* Working experience in a wide variety of databases, including relational databases, NoSQL databases e.g. Google BigTable, Spanner, AWS Aurora, DynamoDB
* Experience with automation and orchestration technologies such as Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes, GIT, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc. is a must
* Solid understanding of fundamental technologies like DNS, Load Balancing, SSL, TCP/IP, networking, security best practices, performance, high availability, disaster recovery, and business continuity
* 3+ years of development experience in Java, Python or C++
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Technology & Development, Barcelona
Technology & Development, Barcelona,Stockholm
Technology & Development, Austin,Foster City
Technology & Development, Austin,Foster City,New York