Art Director - New Games
We are looking for an experienced Art Director to lead one of our new products currently in development. You will join one of our teams where your mission is to help push mobile games forward and develop new IP.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
As a confident art leader, who coaches your team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what great art looks like and can drive your vision forward.
As the spokesperson for Art you will also have a close collaboration with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insights and marketing.
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Art Director, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills;
- You can create an artistic vision and have an excellent eye for detail
- Creativity and a true passion for games, you bring relevant experience from the games industry
- You know visual communication by heart and can quickly do concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate your ideas
- Ability to produce appealing art in the appropriate style within the available time frames
- Proven track record of creating and/or directing high- quality game art, including gameplay assets, characters and environments
- Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- Experienced people manager who understands which mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Comfort with project planning
- Interest in player behavior and player experience
- An innovative spirit, you are happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility
- Knowledge of technical constraints, optimizations and the implementation of content
- Experience with animation and special effects
- Interest in visual and interaction design
- Deep market knowledge
- Skills in Maya or similar 3D software
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
Making the World Playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A Great Saga Needs Diverse Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
Want to Join Our Kingdom?
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.