Art Director - New Games
We are looking for a highly experienced and talented Senior Art Director to lead one of our amazing new mobile games. You will join our team in Barcelona where we have built a studio dedicated to the creation of the next generation of mobile games at King. Your mission will be to nurture, further develop and launch these exciting new games.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
As a senior level art leader, who has the ability to coach large teams towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what excellence in art looks like and can drive your vision forward in both a highly strategic and tactical way.
Having shipped multiple titles at top- flight studios on highly prominent games you will have the credibility to be the spokesperson for Art and closely collaborate with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insights and marketing. You will also work as a key partner to your Studio Art Director, working on key studio initiatives.
The challenge is varied as you and your team will work on New Games that may cover new as well as existing IP , with IP Owners and at times with outsourced content development teams so your background can be either from AAA development or Mobile - we are open.
Creating art content for games is your "True North" and your experience working on multiple games/genres that have gone through a full development cycle, from concept through to ship, will be a significant advantage to this team.
As a natural people person, with great coaching and mentoring skills, you will inspire and elevate others as well as provide career guidance and direction to your team of artists.
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Senior Art Director, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills;
● You can create, evolve and execute on an artistic vision and have an excellent eye for detail and what world class games look like
● You are highly creative and passionate about games, with a breadth of games industry experience with demonstrable achievements
● You know visual communication by heart and can quickly create concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate complex creative ideas
● You know how to produce appealing art in any appropriate style within available time frames and can communicate these processes clearly to large groups
● You have a proven track record of directing high quality, complex game art and animation, including gameplay assets, characters and environments from concept to in- game
● You have proven experience in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
● You’re a highly experienced people manager who can lead large teams. You understand what a great team looks like and can lead them to excel. You also have experience in leading leaders.
● Possessing exceptional communication and visual presentation skills, you will be capable of communicating style and vision to a variety of stakeholders such studio and project leadership and marketing.
● You are interested in player behaviour and player experience and understand how robust visual decisions can affect both
● An innovative spirit, you are happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility at a team and studio level.
● You have knowledge of technical constraints, optimizations and the implementation of content
Tasty Bonus Skills
● Skills in animation and special effects
● Interest in visual and interaction design
● Skills in Maya or similar 3D software
● Experience working in an agile project environment
● Previous experience from creating casual and/or mobile games
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
Making the World Playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A Great Saga Needs Diverse Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
Want to Join Our Kingdom?
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.