Senior Backend Developer - Studio
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
We're looking for Java Backend Developers that will take pride in crafting the very best bite sized entertainment for millions of players worldwide to enjoy. Are you curious to know more?
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join our Candy Crush Soda Saga team in Barcelona and build complex, high- scale and real- time systems.
- You will design, architect, test and implement features in our core service
- You will build and develop valuable tools to support the game development process
- You will craft and deliver high quality and well- structured code
Skills to create thrills
- Solid experience as a backend developer
- You possess the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
- You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish.
- As a developer, you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack.
- You should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- You should be a strong standout colleague, able to work in a fast paced, demanding yet fun professional environment.
- You are experienced in Java, databases and web development in general.
- You are no stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers.
- You are used to TDD, UNIX environments.
- You know well the Computer Science fundamentals, design patterns and Object Oriented knowledge
- You are a great teammate who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
- You strive to be a champion in your area of expertise.
Making the world playful
When it comes to interactive mobile entertainment, we're pretty proud to be number one. We bring moments of magic to hundreds of millions everyday through games like Candy Crush Saga and Farm Heroes Saga. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way.
A great saga needs diverse heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We craft games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all kinds of people from all types of backgrounds to bring them to life. We believe we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and new ideas in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sort of heroes. That’s why we provide equal opportunities and hire all sorts of talent.
You can find more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. And we will be happy to tell you more about the role and about us.
You should submit your application in English.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.
Technology & Development, Barcelona