We are looking for an experienced Art Director to lead one of our successful Live mobile games. You will join one of our teams where you will be a key member of the product leadership team.
Your Role Within our Kingdom
As Art Director, you’ll be driving the artistic direction of one of our most popular live games, bringing joy to millions of players. You will work closely with the game designers to come up with creative solutions to game design problems that our players will love.
You will manage a diverse team of talented artists, mentoring and coaching them towards excellence. You will inspire and motivate the artists, leading by example and nurturing a collaborative environment.
Using a thorough knowledge of art production process and best practises, you will be responsible for the quality of the art in the game, giving concise and constructive feedback to the art team. You will have ownership over the internal art team’s schedule as well as building a strong relationship with our external art partners.
As the spokesperson for art in the game’s leadership team, you will collaborate closely with producers, game designers, developers, business performance managers, player insights and marketing.
Skills to Create Thrills
- You possess a true passion for games and game making
- You have a proven track record leading art on several top tier games (bonus if it’s in the casual mobile space)
- You are a player advocate that understands how to deliver high quality art that meets the players needs
- You are a strong visual and verbal communicator with the ability to give concise and meaningful feedback.
- You possess strong organizational skills and feel at home with project planning, art pipelines, style guides and other necessary documentation and tools
- You are an expert in Adobe Creative Suite and have experience with other relevant industry tools such as Jira, source control etc.
- You have demonstrable understanding of foundation art principles including drawing, shape language, colour theory, anatomy, lighting etc. (Portfolio required)
- Ability to create, and direct creation of, appealing art in the relevant style within appropriate time frames
- You have a keen understand of technical constraints, optimizations and the implementation of content
- You’re an experienced people manager who understands which mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
- Interest in visual and interaction design
- Skills in Maya or similar 3D software
- Experience working in an agile project environment
- Previous experience creating casual and/or mobile games
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we are a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that takes pride in having fun. Every single day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to craft the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company, Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you’re from, it’s all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That’s why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English and include a resume and a portfolio.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.