Partner Success Manager - Activision Blizzard Media
Activision Blizzard is scaling its advertising business, Activision Blizzard Media, an embedded business unit of King - the makers of the #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga and wholly- owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard. This team is building innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences for our huge audience of highly- engaged players and creating powerful solutions embraced by the world’s biggest marketers.
The initial goal of this thriving start- up effort has been to create premium, innovative advertising experiences for world- class casual mobile games like King’s Candy Crush Saga. Looking ahead, we plan to launch advertising across the Activision Blizzard portfolio, including high growth areas like esports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
Your role within our Kingdom
We are seeking a skilled Partner Manager that has a passion for digital advertising, data driven platforms and the gaming industry to help us scale a player- first advertising business. You will work collaboratively with an array of top tier developers and support services to create exceptional ad experiences that make a meaningful contribution to our games. You will play a pivotal role in defining what we build and why we build it.
Reporting to a Product Director, you will work across the advertising team, data and analytics, and game teams to drive advertising player experiences forward.
Apply for this role if you are a hungry and talented product or partner manager that has an instinct for the drivers that make for a successful mobile game and have a deep understanding of mobile ad monetization.
- Work with key stakeholders across advertising and game teams to partner in growing player life time value and revenue of our games
- Shape the direction by delivering actionable recommendations supported by data and analysis
- Define opportunities for advertising monetization across world class games
- Assemble product requirements from multiple sources to clearly articulate current and future customer needs
- Partner with a team of product strategists and UI/UX designers to develop and iterate on product requirements that meet both marketer and player needs
- Build business cases and analytical insight for new business initiatives: this requires identifying key issues, quantitatively analyzing related metrics and communicating results
- Manage communication on technology stability issues, business critical incidents together with business impact across teams
- Define opportunities beyond King’s other teams like marketing team, platform partnerships team to deliver incremental values for company
Skills to create thrills
- You have an ability to build strategic business- to- business partnerships based on strong understanding of both parties strengths and needs
- Excellent business judgment and the innate ability to link business objectives to customer experiences
- The ideal candidate will be service oriented and willing to go the extra mile to ensure stakeholders and game studio partners are successful in scaling ad monetization experiences
- Ability to interpret, internalize, and decision off of data
- Experience in product management preferably in mobile F2P is an advantage
- Past experience working within a validation centric environment with experience designing and executing AB Tests
- Education: Graduate Degree preferred.
- Experience/ A proven track record managing or directly contributing to a live business during a period of rapid growth
- Prior experience in startups, studios, and consulting firms
- Candidates from consulting, investment banking, game studios, mobile app development, and ad technology should apply
- You have an ability to demonstrate an understanding and experience in developing player- first game ad monetization features.
We’re Seriously Playful
Officially, we’re a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we’re a serious business that’s not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let’s talk.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can’t expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that’s it.
Want to join our Kingdom? You’ll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like hiking and eating raw herring.
Advertising & Sales, Los Angeles, San Francisco
Data, Analytics & Strategy, Foster City