Machine Learning Engineer - Activision Blizzard Media
Craft:Technology & Development
Activision Blizzard Media and King (a part of Activision- Blizzard) are building a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly- engaged players, and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers. Activision Blizzard Media is seeking a passionate Data Scientist interested in pushing the boundaries of mobile games analytics and advertising product performance.
Your role within our Kingdom
- Identify new data sources and features and collects large data sets to build new models
- Aggregate huge amounts of data and information from large numbers of sources to discover patterns and features necessary to build machine learning models for prediction and forecasting
- Design and implement end- to- end solutions using Machine Learning, Optimization, and other advanced computer science technologies, and own live deployments to drive advertising conversion
- Improve the run- time of existing algorithms
- Develop and maintain the necessary infrastructure to run and maintain the algorithms
- Design and implement necessary monitoring and validation framework to support ML production systems
- Take initiative and actively drive development work on time on target and on quality
- Lead a small team and work with stakeholders directly to understand requirements, develop clear plans and execute the plans to support business needs
- Actively participate in team discussions and contribute to design, ideation, brain storming, help align and motivate the team to deliver
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the team, adhere and promote good coding standard and best practices
Skills to create thrills
- PhD or MS in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Experience in finding patterns, trends and actionable insights from huge data sets
- 4- 8 years of experience as machine learning engineer/data scientist
- You have expertise in one or more object- oriented languages, including Python, Go, Java, or C++, and an eagerness to apply design thinking and object oriented concepts
- Experience with both machine learning and building scalable production services
- Experience with distributed storage and database systems, including SQL or NoSQL, MySQL, or Cassandra
- Experience using machine learning libraries or platforms, including Tensorflow, Caffe, Theanos, Scikit- Learn,or ML Lib for production or commercial products.
- Ability to communicate effectively between Product managers, data scientists, business teams, and production engineers, both in code and conversation
- Ability to solve complex business problems and apply machine learning to optimize critical business metrics
- Strong adherence to design driven development, with a disciplined and analytical approach to product development
- Experience in MLOps
- Experience working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience of working with advertising platform.
- Strong adherence to data driven development and design, with an experimental and analytical approach to product improvement
- Able to show good communication skills, and experience in visualizing and reporting learnings
We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well- being for ‘Every World’ - we’ve got our employees covered! Subject to eligibility requirements, the Company offers comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental, vision, health savings account or health reimbursement account, healthcare spending accounts, dependent care spending accounts, life and AD&D insurance, disability insurance;
- 401(k) with Company match, tuition reimbursement, charitable donation matching;
- Paid holidays and vacation, paid sick time, floating holidays, compassion and bereavement leaves, parental leave;
- Mental health & wellbeing programs, fitness programs, free and discounted games, and a variety of other voluntary benefit programs like supplemental life & disability, legal service, ID protection, rental insurance, and others;
- If the Company requires that you move geographic locations for the job, then you may also be eligible for relocation assistance.
Eligibility to participate in these benefits may vary for part time and temporary full- time employees and interns with the Company. You can learn more by visiting https://www.benefitsforeveryworld.com/.In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $101,000.00 - $186,754.00 Annual. These values reflect the expected base pay range of new hires across all U.S. locations. Ultimately, your specific range and offer will be based on several factors, including relevant experience, performance, and work location. Your Talent Professional can share this role’s range details for your local geography during the hiring process. In addition to a competitive base pay, employees in this role may be eligible for incentive compensation. Incentive compensation is not guaranteed.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com