Staff Data Engineer
Craft:Technology & Development
Staff Data Engineer
- Design and build Data Pipelines to collect, transform, store, analyze, explore and visualize.
- Design and build cloud- based data lakes and data warehouses
- Work with the product team to understand data sources, use cases and data models.
- Choose the right technology stack to align with the use cases and scalability.
- Collaborate with the other team members across different teams.
- Develop alert & monitoring systems and procedures for faster disaster recovery.
- Provide technical directions and mentor other engineers
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Strong experience in Software Development in Java or Python
- Working experience in building data warehouses and data lakes.
- 5+ years of experience in working with relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres etc.
- 2+ years of experience in NoSQL databases like Bigtable, Cassandra, HBase etc.
- Expert level SQL skills and database performance concepts.
- Experience in relational and dimensional data modeling.
- Experience with developing extract- transform- load (ETL).
- Understanding of distributed computing frameworks like Apache Spark and Flink.
- Should be able to communicate and articulate his/her thought process effectively with the other team members.
- Experience building data warehouse, data lake and data pipeline using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with large scale distributed systems with large datasets.
- Experience in distributed computing framework – Hadoop, Spark, Flink or Storm
- Experience with messaging systems like Kafka and RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of advertising platforms.
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com