Director of Systems & Economy Design | New Games
Craft:Data, Analytics & Strategy
Do you want to join our team and lead our economy design craft in New Games as a Director of Systems and Economy Design.
Join our New Games Studio and help develop the next generation of King games, most recently we launched Crash Bandicoot: On the Run! and we are broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in casual and mid- core. Join the team in Stockholm, Barcelona or London and help us develop, optimise and grow our games for millions of players!
We are looking for a talented and creative Director of Systems and Economy Design. If you are a skilled and passionate and you want to develop the System and Economy Design craft in a company with a wide variety of games in development, this is the job for you!
Your role within our Kingdom
You will have a key role in leading economy design across our portfolio of New Games. Specifically, you will:
- Lead and coach a team of system and economy designers across New Games.
- Work with Creative Leaders and Economy Designers embedded within each New Game to develop economies and systems on games across all stages of development
- Champion the economy design approach and support the game team(s) in building the best economies and systems to deliver the desired player experience and KPIs.
- Develop and balance game economies including game economy models and simulations which project the impact of new features and balancing adjustments.
- Draw product insights from quantitative analysis to balance the economy and develop new systems and features
- Suggest designs for new features, including meta and monetisation systems, which appropriately balance retention, engagement, and monetisation.
- Have and maintain a deep knowledge of the free- to- play market including game deconstructions and presenting to peers on developments in the market
- Work collaboratively with our Design, Art, Product, Data Science and other teams to define our games economy and drive change within our new feature pipeline
- Contribute to an active community of economy designers, giving and receiving feedback and helping each other improve their work and techniques.
Skills to Create Thrills
- Enthusiastic about games and game economies in particular.
- Proven experience in building and balancing game economies, having worked on games in development as well as live.
- Highly analytical, skilled at building models and tools to simulate and analyse game economy and player behaviour.
- Experience collaborating with senior leaders and creatives, able to reconcile different views and creating clear aligned projects and goals
- Strong planning and organizational skills that make you able to set up, follow and successfully drive to conclusion key strategic initiatives
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Able to effectively communicate at all levels of an organization
- Able to clearly document game design concepts and articulate them effectively to partners at all levels.
- You love teamwork and are comfortable working with designers and business performance professionals from a wide range of backgrounds.
- You are able to work in a collaborative and flexible environment where your role will evolve in line with the ongoing plans for development within King.
- You are able to motivate, mentor and train colleagues
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 245 million monthly active users as of Q3 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players - and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications need to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99,786) at Camp Nou.