Senior Motion Designer
Your role within our Kingdom
We are looking for a talented and multi- skilled Senior Motion Designer that values the potential for working with the largest mobile games in the industry, and with a passion for visual storytelling.
In this role, you will be embedded within the company's New Games Division working with a newly formed team that focuses on visualising early game ideas, stretching what we can achieve with user acquisition and subsequent franchise development.
With a great eye for motion and graphic design and an interest in UI and game design mechanics, you’ll be helping teams capture their ideas and product vision, demonstrating creative and innovative solutions through motion design.
Skills to Create Thrills
In the role of Senior Motion Designer, you will be able to demonstrate the following set of skills;
- Outstanding, demonstrable skills in motion design.
- Technically skilled with motion graphics, digital visual effects, and compositing softwares, most notably Adobe After Effects and the Adobe Suite.
- A deep knowledge of all industry standard production workflows.
- Skills in relevant 3d softwares (Maya preferred, Cinema 4D)
- Deep understanding of UI Design principles.
- Comprehensive knowledge of branding
- An excellent eye for detail, and a passion for quality user experience.
- An in- depth understanding of all fundamental graphic design principles.
- Versatility with a dedicated, autonomous and skilled approach to solving visual design challenges.
- An expert in visual communication with an ability to quickly create concepts and/or mock- ups to communicate your ideas.
- Strong listening and interpretation skills with an ability to decipher game designs and how to visualise them effectively.
- A creative leader with strong communication skills (verbal and written) you have the ability to confidently present ideas and concepts to groups of people as well as teaching new skills to other artists.
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to self- organise well, plan effectively and work autonomously.
- An innovative spirit, happy to go beyond the assigned tasks, actively seeking responsibility.
- Skills in VFX
- Interest in visual and interaction design
- Experience working in both agile and waterfall project environments
- An understanding of game development practices and relevant technical requirements
- Knowledge of the mobile games market
As a senior creative you will be responsible for creating ‘best- in- class’ motion graphics and graphic design, providing innovative UI solutions for the various game and project teams across King.
· Work closely with creative leaders and marketing to support projects with Motion design and graphics. This may include things such as;
o Supporting creative leaders by participating in early game or feature ideation and brainstorming
o Creation of animatics, story/motion boards to visualise high level ideas
o Create real- time and pre- rendered motion graphics sequences for games as required
o Creation of video/motion productions to show the creative ‘idea & flow’ of a game project and/or feature
· Working with art leadership to champion the craft of motion design in King’s creative process, ensuring that its use adds value in terms of quality and production efficiency. This may include being involved in;
o On- site work in studios
o Setting visual benchmarks for game projects
o Team presentations and workshops
o Training sessions
· Work with NG Leadership to deliver on R&D where appropriate including
o Design and testing of relevant tools
o Setting visual targets
o Refining motion graphics techniques and pipelines
o Providing input into tools in development as required
King is the game developer behind the world- famous Candy Crush franchise, as well as mobile game hits including Farm Heroes, Bubble Witch and Pet Rescue. Candy Crush is the top- grossing franchise in US app stores, a position it has held for the last two years, and King’s games are being played by 255 million monthly active users as of Q2 2021. King, which is part of the Activision Blizzard group since its acquisition in 2016, employs nearly 2,000 people in game studios in Stockholm, Malmö, London, Barcelona and Berlin, and offices in San Francisco, New York, and Malta.
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here – like rolling down the Ramblas, taking a siesta or finding your seat (out of 99.786) at Camp Nou.