Senior Game Designer - Bubble Witch Saga
Craft:Games Design & Production
Do you want to drive innovation in one of the world’s best mobile games? Have you got big ideas and the skills to make them happen? We need someone with creative passion, who can find smart ways to push the boundaries of what is possible in our game.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, and collaboration- orientated Senior Game Designer to join a diverse team, working on Bubble Witch Saga 3, one of the biggest and most successful mobile games in the world. As our new Senior Game Designer you will drive feature design and work closely with an experienced cross- discipline team.
- Own and drive a major opportunity area(s) within the game, working with the Product Lead to set a clear vision and strategy related to that area
- Creation of design specifications and visualized mock- ups
- Providing continuous feedback throughout the production of a feature
- Facilitate a collaborative approach to design and production, that values every team member’s input and enables them to feel a strong sense of ownership of what we’re building
- Driving design and ideation workshops
- Communicate effectively across the team to ensure that everyone understands the goal of the feature and how that ties back to the vision of the game
- Understand business and players’ needs and provide well informed decisions
- Support more junior designers to improve their craft
Skills to create thrills:
- Innovative – Ability to conceptualize, document, and develop innovative ways to improve Core Gameplay, Meta, and Social layers of the game
- Show, don’t tell – Experience visualizing ideas (Adobe XD, Unity, Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, or any other tools that help you visualize and share ideas)
- Communication and people skills – Effective communicator who can rally a multidisciplinary team behind your vision
- Analytical Thinker – Ability to perform post release analysis, generate insights, and make recommendations
- Player focused – Strong desire to get what you are working on in front of players as quickly as possible to learn what works and what needs to be improved
- Track Record - Have a consistent record of designing innovative features for new and/or live games
- Scripting and/or prototyping experience a plus
- Previous experience with casual or midcore mobile games (e.g. Bubble Shooter, Match- 3, City Builder, Real Time Strategy, etc.)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Knowledge of the games market and consumer expectations
- Stakeholder management experience
Applications needs to be in English.
King is a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world, with people all around the world playing one or more of our games, including franchises such as Candy Crush, Farm Heroes, Pet Rescue and Bubble Witch.
We have 249 million monthly active users as of fourth quarter 2019 across web, social and mobile platforms. King was acquired by Activision Blizzard Inc. (Nasdaq ATVI) in February 2016 and operates as an independent unit of the
A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply cannot expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Making the World Playful
Making the World Playful is what inspires us to create new experiences and raise the bar. It’s what makes King a place where we can all dream bigger, continue to add innovation to our games, broadening the portfolio and exploring new territories in mid- core and casual. We take the art and science of gaming to the next level through our curiosity for the unexplored, passion for games, respect for each other and love for our players – and we’re not afraid to have fun along the way. In fact, together with our parent company Activision Blizzard and experts around the world, we believe having fun is good for you. There has never been a better time to join us. We're dreaming bigger and see a world of possibilities ahead. If you share our passion, our values, and our hunger to shape the future, join us in Making the World Playful!
Applications needs to be in English.
Discover King at careers.king.com
Here at King, we know moving to another country is a life changing decision.
That’s why we’ve gathered everything essential in this easy-to-read-guide. This way you can enjoy your time fully when you get here.
Games Design & Production, Barcelona,Stockholm
Games Design & Production, Stockholm
Games Design & Production, Barcelona
Games Design & Production, London